Raised skin in arms, shoulders, back and other parts of the body can be the result of a number of conditions like allergy, insect bite, skin disorder or heredity. Perhaps, here we are discussing the Keratosis pilaris which is the skin condition due to the overgrowth of a protein called keratin. This causes extra skin cells to cause small bumps around the hair follicles and even trap hair underneath the cells. These rough and bumpy skin are however painless but gives a very embarrassing skin which also do not allow to dress up as desired and is often forms restriction. For instance, someone who has bumpy arms will always think twice to wear a sleeveless top.
However, we all likes to have clear and radiant skin, but due to all the reasons like the environment or hormonal, our skin becomes susceptible. Perhaps, there is still no cure especially developed to get rid of bumpy skin or the KP as they themselves clears as one gets older, but to get better and stop the growth in future one should adopt few strategies at home as given below. Here, we have a few tips that can be performed at home to get rid of the bumpy skin or to improve the situation and restrict the bumps from further growth.
Oatmeal bath though sounds traditional, but is very relaxing and soothing for the skin and makes its soft. Although there are limitless advantages of having Oatmeal bath like it feels very excellent and smells good, but apart from that Oatmeals are also like a cure for various types of allergies like the insect bite, sunburn, and itchy skin. Even if you have the problem of a very rough skin or wants to get rid of bumpy skin then with the oatmeal bath you can make things better.
- Powder a Handful of oats and then put them in the Luke warm water.
- Apply this mixture for 15 minutes on your body and bath
Vitamin A Capsules
Due to the overgrowth of protein problems, one develops skin like Keratosis pilaris which is obviously a problem of having bumpy skin. However, the doctors and the researchers have always advised for the Vitamin treatment for such problems and most of us know that Vitamin E is good for treating skin problems like roughness, but if anyone wants to get rid of bumpy skin then the best solution can be the Vitamin A. You can take Vitamin A rich food for curing Acne and other types of bumpy skin like carrots and other fruits and vegetables that have a yellow or orange color, but also remember to take it in limited quantity as more supplements of Vitamin A may be dangerous. If you cannot follow the Vitamin supplements for some reason then bumpy skin treatment can be done with the Vitamin A capsules too.
- Squeeze the oil from two vitamin A capsules.
- Apply to the affected area and gently massage for 3 minutes.
- Now, leave this for 20 minutes and then wash.
The usage of coconut oil for bumpy skin is just amazing and is one of the best options when we look at the side of natural treatment. The acid named Lauric has the feature of breaking up the formation of keratin is found in the coconut oil. Therefore, the oil which is rich in the lauric acid is highly efficient for preventing the Keratosis pilaris. Moreover, the other reason is, the coconut oil has the quality of penetrating deep into the skin and give a quick result.
- Mix 1 part of each white granulated sugar and brown sugar with 2 parts of extra virgin coconut oil.
- Apply to the affected area and scrub gently for 2 to 4 minutes
- Wash with water after 2 minutes.
As Vitamin E is told to be very beneficial for treating many types of skin problems, thus Olive oil is also one of the best natural treatment for the rough and bumpy skins. It reduce the roughness of the skin and automatically helps in making the skin smooth clear and radiant. Therefore, the regular application Olive oil to get rid of bumpy skin is also one of the best remedies to follow for improving the condition.
- Mix olive oil and sugar in that quantity so that it is not completely soluble.
- Now, Apply to the affected area and scrub for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Now, wash it with warm water.
The main cause of having an itchy or bumpy skin is the lack of moisturization, the more your skin is dry the more you get into skin situation like bumps and embarrassing rough. Therefore, there is always a need to make the skin glow by moisturizing. For providing the skin with moisture the best thing one requires is a moisturizer or lotion which is made up of natural ingredients otherwise homemade moisturizer can be the best treatment like yoghurt or milk.
Yoghurt has the quality of naturally cleaning the skin like the coconut oil as this is also one of the rich lauric acid supplement. The plain milk massage on the affected areas can also be very helpful for bumpy skin and rough skin types. However, yoghurt has its own function of softening the skin and making it smooth and clear. Thus, Yoghurt for bumpy skin is one of the beneficial remedies one should follow on a regular basis.
- Apply 3 to 4 tablespoons of yogurt on the affected area
- Leave it for 15 minutes and then take the bath.
Drink Plenty of Water
It is one of the examined factors that being hydrated is the solution to many types of diseases and similarly for the bumpy skin. Being hydrated helps the body to work in a proper manner and at the same time creates moisture in the skin. Hence, lots of water also helps in treating the rough or bumpy skin. Therefore, a person is required to take at least 12 glasses of water daily to get rid of bumpy skin and all types of other health problems
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cinder Vinegar is supposed to have the anti-inflammatory property which is very useful to prevent all types of skin problems related to infections. The bumpy skin also contains bacteria that worsen the skin condition every time when not treated therefore for making the skin free from all types of the external impact Apple Cinder Vinegar plays a vital role to cure all these problematic areas and is best to cure bumpy skin.
- Use a cotton ball to apply apple cider vinegar to the affected area and wash it after few minutes.
- Mix 1/2 cup of sugar and 1/2 cup of coconut oil or grapeseed oil.
- Apply the mixture to the affected area and massage for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Now, rinse with water.
Baking soda is known for its deep cleansing property which cleans the skin pores, removes dead cells deeply and treats the affected area efficiently. This is also a reason why Baking soda is also known for its excellent exfoliating feature.
- Mix 2 to 3 tablespoons of baking soda and water.
- Now, apply on the affected area and gently scrub for 3 – 5 minutes.
- Just after scrub wash with water.
Many people have the habit of using the Loofah at the time of taking bath, which is rather a good thing. The Loofah gourd or a piece of natural sponge helps to scrub the body and clean the pores. However, if you have a very soft and sensitive skin then look for other sponge, like konjac sponge which will be gentler and help you get rid of the problems like keratosis pilaris. Loofah thus, also helps to treat bumpy skin and gives the best result in few months.
‘What to’ and ‘what not to’ do for bumpy skin
- It is very necessary for one to take a healthy diet, try to abstain from junk foods. This will improve the digestive system and hence immune system which will solve the problem of all the skin conditions.
- If you have a poor skin condition then try to take products that are rich in Vitamin A and E.
- Do not take tap water for drinking purpose as it contains choline, lead and other types of substances which are harmful to health.
- See that you use herbal lotion, soaps, and other skin products that can moisturize your skin, but remember it should not contain sodium lauryl sulfate.
You can search us again :
- image of bumpy skin