The liver is the main organ in the body which is very sensitive and often gets affected quickly than other. You might have heard of Jaundice which is a liver disease and can happen to even a newborn child if not taken a proper care. So, it is very usual for all the drinkers to develop the problem of liver damage soon due to the intake of hard drinks. See, if you are on the way to damage your body then it’s time to change yourself from now!
Addiction to alcohol often push the drinkers in the world of negativity and destruction from where there is a very less chance of recovering. Being alcoholic is sure to rot the organs inside the body and the very first organ that is attacked is the liver. This is a common news that persons who are very much addicted to the hard drinks damage their main organ of the digestive system that is the liver and suffer from lifelong pain.
Approximately all the heavy drinkers damage their liver, but there are treatments to it and the attempt for treating liver is to quit drinking.
Although the fact says that it is not easy to quit drinking so early, but still one can try their level best to do it. You can get into programs like Medications, counseling and Support groups, including Alcoholics Anonymous, Residential treatment programs, and Outpatient treatment programs.
All these efforts will not give immediate results, but slowly one can come out of it completely. However, for all these practices one should also have a constant ambition otherwise, no one can help you come out.
Identify Common Early Symptoms Of Liver Damage
Drinking Often Leads to a number of diseases like jaundice, a disease of the liver which only depends on the high care of edible substances and drinks. Some other diseases like Fluid pooling in your legs and abdomen, Fever, Itchiness, Weight loss, Hair loss, Vomiting blood or passing bloody stool due to bleeding internally, Personality changes, memory problems, and insomnia, Numbness in your legs or feet can also follow.
These all diseases are due to the reason that you have damaged your liver with the continuous intake of hard drinks. There are various symptoms that describe that you are damaging your liver and these symptoms are as follows:
- Not being hungry
- Nausea or diarrhea
- Abdominal discomfort
If you are facing the similar situation as given then it’s time to surrender your bad habits and look after your health.
Need of Taking Care of Your Diet
A damaged liver may not give you enough problem in the beginning, but as the time passes the situation can become worse and you might lose all the body energy and get to bed. Therefore, if you face any symptom of like given above you must consult a doctor and see to it that you had a complete checkup of your liver.
Learn What and How to Eat
Liver problems can be cured at home if one take care of their diet in a proper manner. Liver diseases can be treated without the use of heavy medicine and operation in the early stage by just taking a proper diet.
- The liver patient should eat the meal with frequent snacking.
- Take a good amount of carbohydrate with a very little amount of fat to get energy.
- Take boiled and less spicy meal so that you gain weight and health.
- Increase the intake of carbohydrate food like whole-grain bread, potatoes, corn, peas, parsnips, lentils, beans, etc. but see to it that they are not processed.
Consult Your Doctor or nutritionist About What To Take
Do what the doctor recommend and do not forget to consult about how much protein you need which just depends on the fact how much your liver is damaged. Even the Vitamins and Minerals those are particularly important for the liver need to be discussed with the doctor.
- Few Vitamins like Vitamin B helps the body to break down the food into energy and helps you digest them easily.
- Food like Fish, chicken, turkey, meat, eggs, dairy products, beans, peas, and leafy green vegetables contains the Vitamin B supplement, but these Vitamins are prohibited when the liver gets heavily damaged. Therefore, it is necessary to know the quantity and pros and cons from the nutritionist before you go for it.
- Even the iodine that is the salt consumption should be lowered in this situation as they are just harmful and also painful for the damaged liver. A pinch of salt is just enough for half a cup of serving.
- Do not go for fried ingredients and just avoid the packed and other processed food from the market.
- The damaged liver usually does not help the other organs to function properly. The result of which is shown by the dark colored urine that passes out the body.
- Therefore, it is also very important for the person to drink plenty of water during this situation for enough relief.
Consult the Expert for Liver friendly Exercises
Few exercises can also make the liver strong and help you recover soon from the damage. You should go to the expert for all the advice in the very beginning you develop these symptoms. Exercises are just the best option to develop a good mental and physical well-being.
Consult Doctor About medicines
- Go only for those medicines that are recommended by the doctors, just avoid the OTC and street drugs which are more harmful than the alcohol and may make the situation worse. Go to the doctor who is a specialist in the field of liver treatments and take a complete advice of what need to be done next.
- Many herbal medicines are also very harmful and they cannot treat liver.
- Just avoid all the toxic chemicals such as fungicides, insecticides, aerosol sprays, and other fumes around yourself just wear a mask and stay away from pollution.
- In case, the liver is badly damaged only medicines can help instead of other herbal and medication cannot help.
- You can also try anabolic steroids or propylthiouracil in case the liver damage isn’t too severe. These medications are controversial because there isn’t a lot of scientific evidence supporting their use. The Anabolic steroids are strong steroids whereas the propylthiouracil is mainly made for thyroid medication.
- In case, you want to go for transplant just discuss with the doctor and see that you have stopped drinking in this situation.
Ways to Protect your Liver While Drinking
- One should not drink in empty stomach as this habit may irritate the stomach lining. You should take a glass or milk or yogurt or any other food before drinking.
- One should take Vitamin B before drinking where this Vitamin is contained in animal liver pork, egg yolk coarse vegetables or cereals. Taking leafy vegetables also protect the liver from getting damaged.
- Try to take boiled water after you drink as this helps to flush out the alcohol out of the body quickly.
- People usually drink wine in a gulp, but this is actually not the right way drinking the wine slowly help the ethanol in the body to decompose properly.
- Eat more bean products, because the lecithin contained in the bean protects the liver.
- Doctors suggested not to take carbonated beverage when drinking alcohol, like Cola or pop, because they can accelerate the absorption of alcohol.
See to it that you do not take Alcohol throughout your life!
You can search us again :
- how to protect your liver while drinking , protect sensitive liver when drinking